Friday, May 6, 2011

Mom's Birthday Cake!

What can be better than Makeup? 

CAKE that is! lol

So my mom's Birthday was on the 4th of May and I made her this delicious Coconut Cake with Pineapple Filling. This cake took me about 3 hours to prepare. I was so exhausted but in the end it was so worth it! 

This cake was so good and moist that it was gone so quick. My sister thought it was from a Bakery. It actually did taste like it was from the Bakery. This recipe calls for a Lemon Curd Filling but since my mom doesn't like lemon so much, she asked me to make it with pineapple instead. So I found a recipe for a pineapple filling and made it with that. The pineapple goes so well with the coconut in this cake. I bet the lemon curd would also taste really well. The frosting was really good too. Kinda tasted like marshmallows...hmmm Wish I had a piece right now...lol

I got this cake recipe from joyofbaking.com. I found a Pineapple Filling Recipe on allrecipes.com. I will add the links below. 

The cake isn't all that fancy cause of the shredded coconut on top. I'll leave you with the deliciousness of this cake! 


Coconut Cake
About half gone!

Totally forgot to take a pic, can't you tell?
Coconut Cake Recipe
http://www.joyofbaking.com/CoconutCake.html

Pineapple Filling Recipe
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pineapple-filling/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...