Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chocolate Almond Cake

Who doesn't like chocolate? I know I love chocolate. Specially Chocolate Cake!

It was my dad's Birthday last Sunday and I made him this cake. (picture below) I found this recipe on Annie Eats blog. Once I saw the pic on her blog I knew I had to bake this cake for him. My dad loves chocolate, so I knew he would love this cake! I didn't really read her blog entry on this recipe, I was just too excited to bake this thing. I did go back and read it the next day.

I have to say while preparing this cake everything went well. Once I got it in the oven that's when I started to noticed it was taking it's sweet time baking. The directions for baking time is 50-60 minutes. After checking it after 30 minutes I noticed it was still wet and wobbly in the center. So I check it every 10 minutes, it was still wet in the center and I knew the cake was baking way too long. I don't know if it was my bundt pan or something but when I went to cut a slice I noticed it started to crumble. I knew it was baked way too long, but it just wasn't done in the center.

I have to say this isn't my first fail it happens all the time. So I try not to get too bummed out. All in all the cake was pretty good. Everyone who had a piece loved it. So I wasn't too sad about that. I will be getting a better bundt cake pan. The one I baked it in was pretty cheap, but I have to use what I have!

Anyways I'll leave you guys drooling over this cake!


This is another chocolate cake I made from the Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Recipe. Easy and simple, and taste Delicious!



This is Annies Eats Blog. (link below) You should visit it, she has some great recipes for just about anything!

http://annies-eats.net/2010/12/03/chocolate-almond-cake/

~Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...