Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Pumpkin Pie

My boyfriend is lactose intolerance and he also loves pumpkin pie so you know I had to go on a hunt and find my boy a dairy free pumpkin pie. Well it didn't take me long to find one! ^_~

I didn't want to to post this until he had a piece or two. So far so good he didn't feel sick while eating this so he had another piece...lol I did make this with eggs which he is allergic too, but I only used the whites not yolks. He doesn't seem to get sick when eating the egg whites plus he takes his lactose pills before eating anything with dairy in it.

Anyways I also had a piece and it was very delicious! He tells me that it was a little sweeter than the regular way I bake pumpkin pie but he didn't get sick and it didn't feel so heavy on the stomach.


I didn't have time to make my own pie crust this year, so I bought the frozen pie crust.

Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Pumpkin Pie

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg or Allspice
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 15-ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Regular Coconut Milk
1 Unbaked Pie Shell 

Preheat your oven to 425ºF.

Combine the sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or allspice, cloves and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar mixture, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the coconut milk.

Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350ºF and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.  It may be a bit wobbly still, but it will firm-up as it cools.

Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours (Be patient! This is important).  Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve

Source:godairyfree.org


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...